child support modification attorney
Assisting Men and Women Seeking Modification & Enforcement of Court Orders in Southern California Help in Changing Times

Needs and circumstances change. What was once a fair divorce, custody or support order may now be unworkable. Economic downturns or unexpected needs may require a formal modification to orders of child support or spousal support (alimony).

Attitudes also change. The opposing party may have agreed to pay support, sign over a deed, or sell the house and split the proceeds, but is now refusing to fulfill his or her obligations. Obtaining legal enforcement of these orders may be the only way to ensure that your rights are protected and that the opposing party complies.

At the Law Office of Ann A. Thomson in Orange County, Ann helps men and women in Southern California seek modification or enforcement of court orders governing all aspects of divorce, including:

  • Child support : increasing or decreasing support based on changing ability to pay as well as enforcing child support or punishing nonpayment through the contempt process
  • Child custody and visitation : seeking a modification in cases where one parent moves away or relocates out of state as well as enforcing parental rights to custody and visitation
  • Spousal support (alimony) : modifications to spousal support (alimony) when the ability to pay changes due to job loss or illness
  • Property division : enforcing orders and forcing the other party to sign a deed, make equalization payments on the ordered sale of a house, etc.

Ann A. Thomson, an experienced attorney can help protect your rights and your children’s interests in these chaotic times. If circumstances or attitudes have changed and you need help to obtain what is fair and right in your case, please contact Ann today to schedule a free consultation with an experienced California post-divorce modification and enforcement lawyer.